How do I register?
- You can register for the 2018 Bay Run HERE
What are the race rules?
- There are no road closures for the races, so you must follow the road traffic laws.
- All competitors must follow the prescribed route.
- Obey the environmental policy. Any competitor found littering by race marshals or fellow competitors can be reported and disqualified immediately.
- Respect the local environment.
- Assist any persons who are in difficulty and report it to the closest race marshal
- The Race Director’s decision is final.
- Please note that the wearing of iPods, mp3 players and earphones is at the discretion of the participant. The roads are open to traffic and it is highly recommended that any such equipment not be used. This is for the safety of you, the other participants, traffic, the race marshals and the locals.
Can I get a refund if I cannot attend?
- When entering any of the Bay run events costs are incurred; these include bank charges and admin fees which means that transfer of entry or a refund is not possible. All transactions are final.
Can I enter if I’m under 18 years of age?
- No, only people over the age of 18 on the date of race are able to compete for insurance reasons.
How do I contact Bay Run events about registration?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
Are there shower and changing facilities available afterwards?
- Yes there are showers available for certain times in Club Maritime Leisure club. This will be for runners / walkers only. A special discounted rate of €8 for a Jacuzzi sauna steam room is available.
What are the prizes awarded?
- 2018 Prize List
- Bay Run Half Marathon (Both Male & Female)
- 1st €200
- 2nd €150
- 3rd €100
- Bay Run 10km (Both Male & Female)
- 1st €125
- 2nd €100
- 3rd €75
*New Prize for 2018*
- Challenge yourself and beat the course time record irelandonlinepharmacy.com on the current route to scoop the new Course Record Prize
- Prize for Half Marathon – €100
- Prize for 10km – €75
- Current Record Holder for Half Marathon:
- Men’s Record – 1:12:38 set by Alan O’Shea in 2016
- Women’s Record – 1:25:04 set by Jennifer Paul in 2017
- Current Record Holder for 10km:
- Men’s Record – 0:33:09 set by Frank Quinlan in 2016
- Women’s Record – 0:41:44 set by Ciara Murphy in 2015