What is Bay Run?
Bay Run has 2 great events on the day to suit all levels of fitness. These include a Half Marathon and 10km.
When, Where and How Much?
Sunday 20th May
Half Marathon – Registered Walkers: 9.30am and Runners: 10.30am
10km – Walkers & Runners: 11.00am
Where does the race start?
Half Marathon: Glengarriff (buses leave from Bantry Town Square to bring you to Glengarriff)
10km: Coomhola (buses leave from Bantry Town Square to bring you to Coomhola)
2017 Entry (available now until 31st of December 2017)
Half Marathon – €30
10km – €17
Earlybird Entry (available from 1st Jan – 31st Jan 2018)
Half Marathon – €32
10km – €19
Standard Entry (available from 1st Feb – 14th May 2018)
Half Marathon – €36
10km – €21
Last Minute Entry (available from 15th May – 20th May 2018)
Half Marathon – €40
10km – €25
**Please note: Online registration will close Saturday the 19th of May at 10am, Cash only after this at the designated race pack collection points or on the day.
Registration Fee for 10km & Half Marathon Includes:
- Finisher’s Medal (not guaranteed if failed to register before 14th May 2018)
- Race Timing Chip
- Race Number
- Officially Measured Course
- Fully Marshalled Route
- Water Stations along the route
- All proceeds go to the Bantry Hospice
Technical T-Shirt available for an extra charge.
Categories & Prizes
- 2018 Prize List
- Bay Run Half Marathon (Both Male & Female)
- 1st €200
- 2nd €150
- 3rd €100
- Bay Run 10km (Both Male & Female)
- 1st €125
- 2nd €100
- 3rd €75
- Challenge yourself and beat the course time record on the current route to scoop the new Course Record Prize
- Prize for Half Marathon – €100
- Prize for 10km – €75
- Current Record Holder for Half Marathon:
- Men’s Record – 1:12:38 set by Alan O’Shea in 2016
- Women’s Record – 1:25:04 set by Jennifer Paul in 2017
- Current Record Holder for 10km:
- Men’s Record – 0:33:09 set by Frank Quinlan in 2016
- Women’s Record – 0:41:44 set by Ciara Murphy in 2015
How do i Register?
Routes, Maps & Profiles
View 2018 Route Information HERE
When & Where?
Sunday 20th May
Half Marathon from Glengarriff – Registered Walkers: 9.30am and Runners: 10.30am
10km from Coomhola – Walkers & Runners: 11.00am
You will receive a timing chip attached to your race number to place on your T-Shirt or vest. This is a very important piece of equipment; required to ensure you are timed during the event. Once you receive your number, it is your responsibility not to lose it.
Please do not crumble up your race number, this will damage timing tags & could effect you getting a result. Always wear your race number on the front.
All Competitors must run/walk on the Left Hand Side of the road at all times. We ask all participants to follow the directions given by race marshals and stewards.
Walkers should give way to runners and stay on the left hand side at all times, while runners overtake on the right.
Start & Finish Areas
- Only Competitors are allowed in the start area for all events
- Have your race number visible and be ready to race at the start area
- Respect the local environment and do not litter
- Toilet facilities are available at the start and finish of each event, as well as roughly half way along the Half Marathon route (between the 6 and 7 mile markers)
- Water and aid stations are situated at about 2.4 miles, 6.2 miles, 10.2 miles and the finish line for the Half Marathon. There will be one Water and aid station available on the 10km route, as well as at the finish line.
- There will be limited parking available in Glengarriff at the start line and there will be No Parking available at the start of the 10km. We therefore strongly advise participants to use the bus transfers provided from Bantry.
- After you cross the finish line, a volunteer will place a medal around your neck
- Food and Entertainment will be available
- The ceremony for prize winners will take place at the finish line @ 1pm.
- All other results will be posted online after the event.
- Medical assistance will follow the racers, coming in with the last competitor and will then be available at the finish line
Spectators are encouraged to come out and cheer on family and friends. For your own safety, please stay off the course at all times and obey all road closure restrictions.
Upper Car Park will be reserved for food courts and amusement personnel only, the main upper car park will be closed to traffic for the duration of the weekend. Parking restrictions will be in force and access to the Upper Car Park will be closed from Saturday 19th May until Sunday 20th May 18:00hrs